Surplus Lines Export Lists

In order to place a risk with a surplus lines carrier, the retail/producing agent involved must complete a diligent effort search. There are a few exceptions to this requirement. The most common “bypass” for the diligent search requirement is the use of a state’s export list.

Newspaper Publication Requirements

Businesses registering with the Secretary of State’s Office or seeking to add a “DBA” name to their insurance license and/or Certificate of Authority often express surprise when we mention newspaper publication requirements; to notify the public that an entity will transact business or use a fictitious/trade name in a particular jurisdiction.

The Designated Responsible Licensed Producer

The role of the Designated Responsible Licensed Producer is to personally guarantees the entity’s regulatory compliance for specific lines of authority. When choosing your Designated Responsible Licensed Producer, there are four important factors to keep in mind.

7 Tips for Dealing With a Lapsed License

The term “lapsed” refers to an insurance license that the holder does not renew at the time of its expiration date, but which state regulators have yet to administratively terminate.

In Good Standing: Certificate of Authority Statuses

Insurance businesses operating in a state other than their domicile jurisdiction need to register with the Secretary of State as a foreign corporation for a Certificate of Authority. Failing to complete these tasks in a timely manner can impact your ability to do business in that state.