Generation Z is made up of individuals born between 1995 and today, and represent more than one
-fourth of America’s population. They are the children of Gen Xers and are culturally diverse, eager to work, savvy, in control and want to make a difference in the world. What else should we know about this generation? Here are some insightful tidbits, courtesy of a slide presentation, Meet Generation Z: Forget Everything You Learned About Millennials, from Sparks & Honey:
- They are strong influencers with regard to household purchases, including where to go on the family vacation and what car to buy.
- They have disposal income, receiving an average weekly allowance of almost $17, and spend most of this money on food and drinks. They love to shop on-line for clothes and games.
- They are foodies, and prefer home-cooked dinners over-processed microwaved meals. On the flip side, they are less active than other generations with teen obesity on the rise.
- They’re close to their families. In fact, many of them live in multi-generational households with Millennial siblings and grandparents making up part of their extended family under one roof.
- They often communicate using emoticons and emojis instead of words, and speak really, really fast.
They are the next generation for businesses to tap into. Knowing who Gen Zers are and what makes them tick is critical in connecting with them.
About Resource Pro
ReSource Pro helps organizations align their operations to their business strategy. Our holistic approach brings together best practices around strategy, process, people, and analytics in order to supercharge your business performance.Learn more